Carole's Baby Knits Forum Forum Index Carole's Baby Knits Forum
a place to discuss Carole's knitting patterns

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about a Carole pattern not listed here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carole's Baby Knits Forum Forum Index -> General Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaineStitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Question about a Carole pattern not listed here Reply with quote

Good afternoon. I'm delighted to have found this forum and the patterns found here.

I'm knitting for two related charitable causes, both dealing with baby and layette items.

Through Ravelry, I found Carole's Top Down Raglan Baby Sweater (http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babysweragcard.htm) and have almost finished knitting one. I'm very pleased with it except for the underarm holes.

Now I've found there are what are probably newer patterns here that eliminate those holes but I need to finish the first one and would like assistance with closing the holes in either underarm.

The pattern instructions say "Stitch up the small holes under the arms .." For me, the holes aren't really small; maybe it's my stitch holder. Anyway, I'd like to make a layette around this sweater and put it in our church auction next fall. It needs to have a nice finish so if there's a tidy way to complete it that would be nice. Otherwise I guess it goes in a different donation bin but I'd prefer not.

Thanks so much for any help offered.
CarrieB

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my earlier patterns had to be stitched up under each arm. The later ones were designed with a cast-on of a few stitches as the sweater body and arms were being divided. These are less apt to leave holes. One trick is to cast on 2 extra stitches and when picking up the sleeves work the first and last picked up stitches together with the first and last sleeve stitches.
Frankly, there are so many patterns out there, and I am not sure which pattern you are specifically referring to, so if you end up with little holes under the arms just close them up when finishing. the will not be noticeable.
Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carole's Baby Knits Forum Forum Index -> General Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: